Terms & Conditions
Austin Rare Coins was founded in 1989 to serve collectors, investors, and rare coin dealers worldwide. Our staff is devoted to providing our clients with professional advice, the highest quality U.S. gold coins, silver dollars, platinum, and other bullion coins at low prices.
Our Moneyback Guarantee lets you order with absolutely no risk. All rare coins sold on the internet by Austin Rare Coins & Bullion are backed by a 14-Day Money-back Guarantee.
If for any reason you are not 100% satisfied, you may return your order within 14 days of receipt for a full refund of your purchase price plus shipping charges both ways. Due to the extremely volatile nature of the bullion market, all gold, silver, and platinum bullion purchases are final once accepted by the company.
Risks and Disclosures of All Sales
1. Ownership - Austin Rare Coins, Inc. is a privately held corporation formed in 1989 under the laws of the state of Texas. Because we are not affiliated with the United States Government, or any government agency, we can assure your privacy in all transactions.
2. Selection - Austin Rare Coins is always prepared to assist you in selecting coins for your portfolio or collection. You understand, however, that the decision to purchase coins, and which coins to purchase, is ultimately yours alone.
3. Numismatic Return Privilege - You may return any numismatic coins you order from us, in their original holders, within 14 days of receipt for a full refund, unless you are otherwise notified at the time of the sale. Carefully inspect and evaluate your coins during this period. To receive a refund or exchange, you must return your numismatic coin order to Austin Rare Coins, registered and insured via the U.S. Postal Service, in the same condition when shipped, within 14-days of receipt.
4. Bullion Coins Non-Returnable - Coins we categorize as "bullion" are not subject to return or exchange. Sales of all such bullion coins shall be final. Shipment of bullion orders is normally accomplished within 7-14 days of funding unless the client is advised otherwise of unusual market conditions in effect at the time of the sale.
5. Grading & Authenticity - Grades and descriptions of rare coins are opinions, not statements of fact or guarantees, and are based on standards and interpretations that can and do change over time. Austin Rare Coins uses contemporary grading standards and interpretations to grade coins and relies upon the opinions or independent grading services such as the Professional Coin Grading Service, the Numismatic Guaranty Corp., and ANACS. Each of these grading services is recognized by the coin industry for its expertise. Each firm guarantees the grade and certifies each coin to be authentic. Austin Rare Coins relies upon those guarantees in selling coins. However, we do not guarantee that the coins we sell will achieve the same grade from any independent grading service in the future and expressly disclaim any other warranties with respect to the coins, expressed or implied, including the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose.
6. Volatility - The coin market is volatile and thinly capitalized and therefore subject to substantial fluctuations including significant and rapid increases and decreases in value from time to time. Investors must be able to assume the risk of such price fluctuations. For that reason, rare coins are not a suitable investment for everyone.
7. Investment Potential - During the period since 1970, in which relatively accurate statistics have been maintained, many rare coins have shown an excellent record as appreciating assets. Austin Rare Coins believes that rare coins are excellent long-term investments, but the future is never certain. The past performance of coins is a guide, not a prediction, of future events. In addition, many coins are bought, sold, and traded by the collector community without regard to investment potential.
8. Unregulated State of the Rare Coin Market - At present, there are no restrictions or regulations on the sale, purchase, or ownership of rare coins. This fact provides certain tax and privacy advantages. However, there is no guarantee that, in the future, these benefits will not be restricted or totally removed by government regulation.
9. Economic Forces - The success of an investment in rare coins is dependent, at least in part, upon extrinsic economic forces including supply, demand, international monetary conditions and inflation or the expectation of inflation. The impact of these forces on the value of coins cannot be predicted with any certainty. No assurance can be given that an investor will be able to sell his or her coins at a price greater than or equal to their acquisition cost. Further, rare coins are not suitable investments for investors seeking current income.
10. Bid Price - If you wish to sell your coins in the future, Austin Rare Coins encourages you to offer them to us first. We cannot guarantee to make a bid on every coin or that our bid will equal or exceed that from other coin dealers.
11. Austin Pricing - Because of expenses associated with the acquisition and sale of rare coins, which are not involved in other investments, the gross margins charged by a coin dealer are typically higher than those associated with some other investments. Therefore, rare coins should be considered as long-term investments with a holding period of at least three to five years. However, there is no guarantee that the holding of a coin, for any period, will result in appreciation.
12. Representations - Information and statistics used in the preparation of Austin Rare Coins advertising materials, letters, and oral presentations are derived from industry sources that we believe to be reliable. Any statements or predictions by our staff are opinions only, not statements of fact. Remember that market conditions are subject to change without notice and no guarantee of accuracy is either expressed or implied.
13. Arbitration - Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to transactions between you and Austin Rare Coins, Inc. shall be settled by arbitration in accordance with the Commercial Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association conducted in Austin, Texas. Judgment upon the award rendered by the Arbitrator may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof.
14. Limitations on Claims - No claim may be filed by a customer in connection with a particular coin more than one year after that coin was purchased by the customer regardless of when the customer became aware of the claim. This agreement is performable in and subject to the laws of Travis County, Texas.
15. All orders are subject to approval and final verification by the company.
16. On all credit card orders, the shipping address and billing address must match.
17. Limit for first time orders of $2,500 when using a credit card. If you would like to place a larger order, call us at 1-800-928-6468 and speak to one of our specialists.